How do I get help to get my account active - the automated systems seem to loop

sorcel
Contributor
Contributor

I am having problems establishing a working Paypal account.

When I tried to open an account with an email address the systems says that it is already registered. This may be the case - but I can't remember if I managed to complete the process at some time or abandonned half way.

Since I couldn't open a new account - I thought the logical thing to do was o request a password reset. The dialogue just seems to loop and I don't get any mails from paypal with a reset link.

I have tried calling in to Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us" but everything is automated and nothing is registered to my phone. I enter her number manually  but nothing is registered.

I was thinking that maybe I have tried too many bad passwords so that the account is locked, or when it was originally opened - that the process somehow did not complete

How do I get help so that I have a working paypal account ?

Thx

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The likely only solution is a phone call to PayPal customer service; ti will take a lot of persistence and patience.  The outcome is uncertain as an agent will first attempt to verify your identity by various methods.  If successful, then they can make necessary changes; you need to proof that you are the person associated with the account on record.

Login to Me Too

sorcel
Contributor
Contributor

I called customer support US - but just got these automated Q & As. None of the categories fit and nowhere could I talk to a human. I see that Paypal in Europe have 800 numbers so maybe I will try calling via France or Norway tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Press zero to get an agent when you call and get on the line.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.