How I fixed my double login issue on chrome

surveillanceone
Contributor
Contributor

So about a month ago I started having the issue I see now has affected many people, having to login twice everytime you login when using Chrome. Support only tells me to use a different browswer or clear all my cache and cookies. For me clearing the cache and cookies worked but would fail soon after that and well clearing my cookies and cache for everything was not something I wanted to continue doing because it forces me to loging again on every site and clears all the data the helps stream line the experience every where else I go. 

So I found a way to only clear the cookies from PayPal which seems to fix the issue for me. So I figured I'd post how to do it so everyone else can try this method as well. 

Again this is only for Chrome. 

1. Go to Settings
  2. Scroll to the bottom and click "Show advanced settings..."
  3. Click "Content settings..." button under Privacy
  4. Click "All cookies and site data..."
  5. Then on the top right there is a "search" text field, type paypal 
  6. Then click "remove all shown". 
  7. click done and re-load paypal and hopefully login only once! 

Hopefully it works for you, if not, let everyone know. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi surveillanceone,

Thanks for sharing this tip!

I know we have been experiencing some issues with the PayPal Security Key causing the login page to appear twice as well.  The engineers are working on making improvements to resolve this with our newer login pages.  If you have the Security Key enabled it might help to disable it temporarily to help with the issue.  Don't worry, we have full protection for unauthorized transactions so there is no increased risk.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.