HOW do I change my backup funding limit?

jcmoneyman
New Community Member

HOW do I change my backup funding limit?

The link once appeared under "Backup payment settings" but now I only see the option of changing the Backup payment method but not the amount.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you account is "verified" there is no limit.

Login to Me Too

porterphk
Contributor
Contributor

I also noticed the option is missing today.

The option they are refering to is where you set how much money you would like paypal to "backup fund" on pending transactions with your debit card.

I liked the option because I could set the limit lower, so that in the event of someone fradulently using my debit card, they cant make a big purchase because it would get declined if it went past the limit I set.

Login to Me Too

Aralien
Contributor
Contributor

I would also like to know where the limit option went for my backup payment settings. I have $16 in overdraft feesnow thank you very much. I set myself a limit of $600. Who changed it to "Daily spending limit: $3,000.00"?!

Login to Me Too

porterphk
Contributor
Contributor

The daily spending limit for debit cards has always been $3,000.

For some reason they removed the backup funding limit option though.

Login to Me Too

Aralien
Contributor
Contributor

I'll have to send them an email of what I think about that change. -_- It's still in the **bleep** "Page Help".

Login to Me Too

embers
Contributor
Contributor

The past month has been frustrating. I finally got an agent last week and this week who explained that the limit option has been removed from the Debit Card now.

The daily limit is the nominal limit now, though I have yet to approach even close to that amount. However, the automatic system they have now keeps declining my card for various amounts.

I have dropped to using this card 1/4th as often now because it is unreliable, no matter how few pending transactions for very small amounts I have. Case in point: declined $9 this morning for breakfast in the airport. I have 4 pending transactions for less than $200 total. I have 3 transactions which are funding from my backup account today (bank shows the draft, PayPal shows complete, but the funds are still actually processing in as the backup funding). Calling and asking them to put a flag on the account can clear the card to work for the day, but there is a lot less transparency and account-holder control now.

The card is unreliable and hardly useable now.

Login to Me Too

OctavioSaenz
New Community Member

I agree with some of the comments.  Getting rid of the limits was foolish because it relinquishes control.  Sometimes I want to make sure that the combined purchases between my wife and me are not beyond $200 or $400.  Furthermore, I had no idea that this elimination of the limit was eliminated because my PayPal card has been rejected for items when I have been well below $200.  It is becoming unreliable.  It is a shame.  Whoever thought about getting rid of the limit was not thinking about the user.

Login to Me Too

Stressbuster1
New Community Member

I totally agree with you.I just TODAY discoverd PayPal's new stroke of "genius" (removing daily debit card spending limts) and it really stinks badly! To say the least. It leaves the card (and on'e account)  wide open for a thief to charge up a storm! I don't like this change one bit!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.