Default to my credit card, not my bank account

WardC
Contributor
Contributor

I recently added a back account to my PayPal account in order to easily witchdrawn money paid into my PayPal account.  That's working fine.

But now, when a make a purchase, PayPal wants to withdraw from my checking account.  On each purchase, I have to select my credit card as the payment method.

Is there a way to have PayPal default to my credit card?

— Ward

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, once you have added a bank account that is always the default funding source unless you have funds in your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mstowers62
Contributor
Contributor

I have money in my paypal account that I would like to transfer to my credit /debit card account which is a different bank than my checking account.  Can I change where to transfer it ?  If so, how?   If not, can I delete my checking bank account to make my credit / debit bank account first and then add my deleted bank account to paypal again?  Will that make my credit / debit card account first?  Does this make sense?

@kernowlass wrote:

No, once you have added a bank account that is always the default funding source unless you have funds in your paypal account balance.

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi mstowers62 -

Welcome to the Community, happy to help!

Within the US anyway, you would not be able to withdraw directly to a card (unless it's the PayPal debit card). However if there is a bank account associated with the card you could add that bank to your account and withdraw directly to it. You would not be able to add your card number as a bank account though, sorry. And there would be no need to have to delete your current bank; you can have more than one bank on an account to withdraw to. You'd just need to select the specific bank when you withdraw.

Hope that helps!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.