Decline credit card payments

jaskokoyn
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have a business account with paypal and I sell digital goods. I want to decline payments from credit cards completely. How can I do this in paypal's settings?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Using Payments Standard, you don't have that capability.  With Standard, there's no way to know how the customer has paid you as that information is not shared.  You simply receive a payment.

If you want total control you would need to have Payments Pro.  With Pro, you have control.  Pro costs $30 a month, sale or no sale. 

We've been in business quite a long time, not accepting credit cards will really limit your sales and  business growth.

Login to Me Too

Earnest
Contributor
Contributor

"not accepting credit cards will really limit your sales and  business growth."

This is an odd statement to make when PayPal is shutting down their best clients unless they knuckle under to pressure to get "Verified"; following which it is no longer possible to set the primary method of payment to a credit card.  Some of eBay's best customers will be lost from the business base, when they refuse to give up the way they have been successfully purchasing for many, many, years... 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not really.

Login to Me Too

Earnest
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

Not really.

Not really a response. 

PayPal does not want credit cards to be used, as evidenced by their policy of shutting down buyers unless they concede to providing direct access to a bank account.  This leads to buyers, who have purchased $10k in ebay purchases, closing their accounts and abandoning ebay/PayPal.   

This works directly against sellers like the OP.  The logic is exactly backwards; even from your suggestion that declining credit cards is a bad idea.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.