Canada Is Not Listed in Travel Plans Form

hsalings
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am going to be visiting Canada for several months and went to fill out the Travel Plans form. However, when I search through all of the listed countries, Canada is not there. What am I supposed to put for the country if Canada is not listed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi hsalings and goatroper180,

Great questions!  Using PayPal is supported in Canada and we offer PayPal accounts for residents in Canada.

The Travel Plans feature is designed to help minimize our security system from getting over excited when you travel to another country.  But the feature is not supported for all countries internationally (including Canada).   This does not mean that you cannot use your PayPal account while traveling in Canada, it just means that there's a greater probability our security system may block a payment if it thinks an unauthorized third party is using your account.  If you run into any problems, please feel free to contact our support team:  https://www.paypal.com/contactus

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

goatroper180
New Community Member

I could not find Canada as a list of countries to use PayPal in, is it considered part of US or is PAYPAL not authorized in Canada?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi hsalings and goatroper180,

Great questions!  Using PayPal is supported in Canada and we offer PayPal accounts for residents in Canada.

The Travel Plans feature is designed to help minimize our security system from getting over excited when you travel to another country.  But the feature is not supported for all countries internationally (including Canada).   This does not mean that you cannot use your PayPal account while traveling in Canada, it just means that there's a greater probability our security system may block a payment if it thinks an unauthorized third party is using your account.  If you run into any problems, please feel free to contact our support team:  https://www.paypal.com/contactus

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

DRHKnight

Thanks for your answer, but could you clarify, please, one more time? " it just means that there's a greater probability our security system may block a payment if it thinks an unauthorized third party is using your account." Does this mean that if the country you are traveling to is not in the list you have "greater probability" to be blocked "a payment if it thinks an unauthorized third party is using your account." Or is it the other way around?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.