Can't reconnect bank acct to Paypal

Chancer
Contributor
Contributor

A while back due to security on my end , I had to change my Paypal login password and I disconnected by bank  from my Paypal. Once I was sure things had settled down, I tried to add or relink my old banking account to my account.

But now Paypal, whines that this account is associated with another Paypal account and I have to login under that account and delete it.

WTH? It's just me! I can't login into the other account because I changed passwords and the only Paypal my bank was associated with was this same account but with a different password. I have been on Paypal since forever. Never had any problems except for this.

Anyone out there with any advice and what to do next?

Thanks

Chancer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Chancer
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got it fixed. Yeah! You have to go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

Click the "Call Us" tab and get a one-time passcode- which is only good for an hour!

Not kidding -- so don't try to do this when you might be busy or rushed for time. The code allows you to call into the automated help line. Once in you should keep asking for an agent as soon as possible. The computer generated voice just explains simple how-to stuff.. You need a real person to fix banking issues.

Once you have agent on the line, explain your situation and they can really help you! Don't yell, they are expecting you to yell, so when you don't its a relief and they will do more for you.

They fixed my problem, fairly quickly but I think what they can do depends on every person's situation. 

I hope this helps.

Chancer

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Laurie17
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

zenifu
New Community Member
great. this works about as good as PayPal. I tried to "spell check" my post and it "encountered an unexpected error" which, of course, obliterated my post. I am having the same problem not being able to link checking account. PayPal wants me to dredge up the two little deposits to tell them ... it's been 10 years and several home moves since that happened. I don't have the records. Yes, I've had this checking account for even longer than I've had a PayPal account. Without resolution, I will have to consider abandoning PayPal entirely. I have no desire to accommodate PayPal and the restricted account they limit me to. If they can't draw a couple bucks from my linked debit card, then make two new deposits into my checking account, then there seems no end to this. PayPal ... please answer this thread soon.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Chancer
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got it fixed. Yeah! You have to go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

Click the "Call Us" tab and get a one-time passcode- which is only good for an hour!

Not kidding -- so don't try to do this when you might be busy or rushed for time. The code allows you to call into the automated help line. Once in you should keep asking for an agent as soon as possible. The computer generated voice just explains simple how-to stuff.. You need a real person to fix banking issues.

Once you have agent on the line, explain your situation and they can really help you! Don't yell, they are expecting you to yell, so when you don't its a relief and they will do more for you.

They fixed my problem, fairly quickly but I think what they can do depends on every person's situation. 

I hope this helps.

Chancer

Login to Me Too

nicnacqueen58
Contributor
Contributor

it is a pre paid debit card i have changed them before i lost card on file had it cancelled and reissued a new pre paid debit card why wont they cancel old one and let me enter new one

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.