Can't confirm email

PolloHermano
New Community Member

Ola amigos and amigas!

good to be here.

I do love Paypal. Been around for years, never used the forums before. 

anyhoo.

I recently tried to add a new email address to my account and it's been a FAIL. Man Mad

Right after adding the email address, I got an email from Paypal saying, ""New email address added to your Paypal Account." All that there was in the body of the email was, "if you did not authorize this change, click here." 

Now ... when I log on to my paypal account and click on "confirm email" it asks me for a code. Said code probably shoulda been in said email... so what gives, amigos and amigas? Where my code??

not sure what to do over here, but I'd sure like to cash in on that girlfriend cashola.

your amigo4life,

pollo hermano

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sometimes the system has a glitch and things just don't go as they should.  What you need to do is contact customer support direct, they should be able to help you confirm the new email.  Suggest calling, else if you send an email, you'll get a bunch of suggestions that won't really resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

jossAY
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for a week to confirm  an email address I added to my account that is associated with the new busines account I just opened (have had a personal account for 10 yrs).

Despite several emails telling me the problems was fixed and a 25min phone call with a paypal agent who blamed a server issue and PROMISED if i waited 24 hrs and tried again it would be fixed. Big shocker--it wasnt.

This has been my first experience trying to resolve an issue with PayPal business (and I only opened the account a week ago for our ecommerce store) and now I know why they have such a horrible rep in the business community. How can I trust them with my businessa account when this has been the service so far??? 

When I go online, even on the paypal business facebook page, I just see the same complaints! Why am I bothering using paypal??? 

Has anyone else had this dumb go-around with confirming an email (which is a super simple process)?

Login to Me Too

CowboyCody
Contributor
Contributor

YES, I've been trying since 11/23 when I sold an item on eBay and found out the email I used is not confirmed.  I too spent 25 minutes on the phone and have had multiple emails from them saying it's their problem and they are trying to fix it.

Everyone has been very nice, even sending emails to continue saying they're trying to fix it.

I asked one guy if they were using the same people obama is using....we had a good laugh.

So I feel your pain.  I guess all we can do is wait....and wait....and wait. 

Login to Me Too

MrsAA
New Community Member
I've been having this same issue. And I DIDN'T change my email!! What gives??!! Anyone have a solution to this issue yet? This is quite annoying! All I get is the run around. I need solutions!! Get on this Paypal!
Login to Me Too

CowboyCody
Contributor
Contributor

Is it a secondary email?  That's the one I'm trying to confirm.  Haven't tried yet today but as of yesterday it's still not working.  I was going to sign up to take PayPal for my business....no way now.

This should be such a simple fix.  I've done other things over the past 2 weeks that I had to confirm this email with no problem.  Very strange.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.