Can't confirm a new email address

ancaleon
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add a new email address to my account, but the confirmation email I receive that should have contained a link or confirmation number is completely blank. No text, and there's only a button linking back to paypal's main page. I'll contact customer service if necessary, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there was an easy fix.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ancaleon
Contributor
Contributor

I actually found a fix! Turns out my antivirus had something to do with it, so I disabled it temporarily and sent the email again, and everything showed up.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

plazagirl
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having this same problem. For months I haven't even received an email and then today I tried it again and I got an email. But they are blank. Jus the new logo and it links back to the main page to login. 

Hope you got some help. 

V

Login to Me Too

vll
Contributor
Contributor

I was having a problem confirming my new email; the confirmation email I received appeared to have no link in it. When I searched for help I found a number of questions regarding this, but couldn't find a solution. I was going to email PayPal, and I highlighted the email message I had received, so I could copy it to show there was no link, and the link appeared. It was white so it did not show up in my gmail message. I added a different email to see if it was the same in all messages, but in Yahoo there is a blue box with white letters for the link. I hope this will help if you are having trouble finding the link.

Login to Me Too

usertoo
Contributor
Contributor

I do not get any link to confirm my email address.

I had removed my old email address from my account. However ebay was stll trying to use it as payment for my auctions. So I cannot reconfirm my account. I was on hold for 3 hours with ebay/Paypal.  I wasn't going to wait any longer.

Login to Me Too

bkofman
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, the solution was to change the email format from text to HTM (it's kinda hard to find in your PayPal profile). Then the email message had a button to click on.

Login to Me Too

Maximus888
New Community Member

Thanks to all for the solutions.

What worked for me was to change the "Notification" setting directly inside the PayPal account as follow:

- Click the "dented wheel" at the top right corner to view your Profile page

- Click the "Notifications" tab

- Click the email address next to the "Envelope icon"

- Change "Send me emails with this format" to TEXT

Things should now be good and you'll be able to see the "confirmation email" link.

Best Regards,

Maximus

Login to Me Too
Solved

ancaleon
Contributor
Contributor

I actually found a fix! Turns out my antivirus had something to do with it, so I disabled it temporarily and sent the email again, and everything showed up.

Login to Me Too

paul-audiothai
Contributor
Contributor

Just set up a new business account okay

Clicked the link to verify my email address

Received the email with the activate button and a verification number

Clicked on activate account, signed in and my email was mow not unconfirmed etc

1 hour later it was not verified again

Did the whole thing again . . . . .?

Help please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.