Can''t change business name?

cynthialandreth
Contributor
Contributor

When I set up my Paypal business account, I entered the Business Name as it appears on tax returns (per the instructions on the Paypal page where I entered the Business Name).  

Now I am trying to confirm my bank account.  The bank account can not be confirmed because the name on the  bank account does not perfectly match the Business Name I entered when I created the Paypal account.

I have been on the Paypal screen that allows me to edit Business Information, but Business Name is not editable.  How can I change the Business Name on the Paypal account to match what is on the bank account so that my bank account can be confirmed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You would need to contact customer support as there's no options in your account profile settings.  It's just another way for driving us crazy.

Login to Me Too

cynthialandreth
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Snowshoe!  I sent customer service an email.  Do you know whether they will make the change for me (I gave them all the information) or send me something that allows me to make the change?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not really sure what they will do, we've had better luck via the phone.  Emails work well for some fixes, other times you just get robot responses that sometimes don't even address the issue.  If nothing gets resolved, you should call, (it does take patience.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.