Can I add to or change (I don't know which) my Paypal account?

MrsMorningSong
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I just made a Paypal account on the 3rd of July. I attached it to my bank account, which has been verified.

My original intent was to use it to purchase things online. But now I'm thinking I would like to use Paypal to sell

some things too. Do I have to have an Ebay account? (I don't want to sell on Ebay, but know it is part of Paypal, most likely dumb question, but I'm newbie) 

If I do, how do I attach? 

I want to sell on a private website. Can I attach my already exsisting account, and if so, how can I make it a merchant account? I won't be selling a lot, and already know I will never go over their limit of 3 grand a month.

Thanks to any who can help. I really would like to make it proper, but don't quite know what to do here... :0

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To sell online, an eBay account is not necessary. 

In order to sell online, you will need either a PayPal Premier Account or a PayPal Business Account.  If you have a Personal Account now, you can upgrade, there's no fees to do that.  Premier and Business Accounts allow you to accept credit card transactions online.  Personal Accounts are for people who want to shop online or send money to friends or family.

As for using a website, you can generate the item button code you need using the online button creator which can be found within your PayPal Account.

See this info for tips on getting started:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/products/paypal-payments-standard/

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To sell online, an eBay account is not necessary. 

In order to sell online, you will need either a PayPal Premier Account or a PayPal Business Account.  If you have a Personal Account now, you can upgrade, there's no fees to do that.  Premier and Business Accounts allow you to accept credit card transactions online.  Personal Accounts are for people who want to shop online or send money to friends or family.

As for using a website, you can generate the item button code you need using the online button creator which can be found within your PayPal Account.

See this info for tips on getting started:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/products/paypal-payments-standard/

Login to Me Too

MrsMorningSong
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Snoqwshoe. I have been reading posts here all afternoon, and you are quite a helpful individual 🙂

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.