Archive transactions with the new web page design?

champdupont
New Community Member

I'm just wondering if there is a way to archive transactions??  Anybody?    I really liked that feature on the classic paypal...

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I was curious about the Archive funtion too.

This is what Tech Support said:

"The new design for the PayPal page does not have the archive function anymore".

Login to Me Too

Poweruser
New Community Member

Why we cannot archive or hide transactions ???????????

This is REALLY REALLY BAD !!!

Login to Me Too

ManhLe
New Community Member

The new web design sucks. It no longer offers the option to hide transactions. What level of management do we need to reach to get our voice heard and listened?

Login to Me Too

xMEHc
Contributor
Contributor

The hide transaction function was legitimate and valuable. For example, suppose you share a paypal account with your spouse and you purchase a gift for her. It was simple to archive the transaction and keep it a couple clicks away from main transaction display thus increasing the potential for them to NOT see the purchase before it arrived in the mail and you presented it to them when you were ready. Now my wife and I cant discreetly shop for one another unless we make seperate accounts. Its pretty rediculous. The entire new format is awful and when you go back to classic view you have stripped us of the functions we have come to rely on as legitimate users for all these years. I doubt you will do anything about it either becuase you dont really care what we think. I sure am glad I have been able to contribute to the lining of your pockets for all these years. That makes me feel so good! Give us back our harmless functions to archive transactions (its not like they really go away anyhow) Is this really that big of a request? I know millions of users across the globe would agree, but again, I know you elitists could care less so why have I even wasted this much time compalining about it.

Login to Me Too

Pmyers4118
New Community Member

I totally agree that the archiving function was appealing for shared accounts.  I see this as a big problem and one I hope that PayPal corrects!  This was an important feature!

Login to Me Too

jacsjj
New Community Member

It looks like this has been a topic for 6 months or so.  Has anyone heard from PayPal on this?  What's the purpose of talking about an issue that PayPal will never discuss or correct?  It's very frustrating because I miss that feature too.  With so many people wanting it back for so long now it seems like we would have heard something from PayPal like at least "No", or "We are currently looking at this issue".  I guess they don't want or need our input and feedback.  They just do whatever they want to like there's no customer.

To me this seems more like a place to vent your frustrations.  No value whatsoever.  Right PayPal?  Hello?  Are you there? Does anyone from PayPal read these?

Jeff

Login to Me Too

brettunsvillage
Contributor
Contributor

Use an older PC - the Archive button still shows up.  It only works if you click it, count to about 5 seconds, click it again, count another 5 seconds or so, click it a third time, and then about 8 of every ten transactions you check marked will go into archive.  Sometimes even this doesn't work -  at times have to click 'archive' up to a dozen times to get it to work.  Been asking PayPal to fix this for over 6 years, but they're busy on something else.  I guess.  New this week - any refunds you''ve issued will not go into archive no matter how many times you click the archive button.  Maybe this is progress - this may mean that PayPal actually fiddled with it?  Sure, they made it worse, but they've got someone on the the case.  Maybe.

Login to Me Too

GuitarStrapLock
Contributor
Contributor

If I was an employee of Ebay or PayPal I would be very concerned about this, for the customers are the ones that keep their paychecks rolling in.  Would be nice if we could get everyone together and pull our Ebay listings for 3 days - hence to paypal transactions - maybe that would wake them up!

Login to Me Too

TheVintage
New Community Member
For so long i have wished to be able to get every seller to strike for 1 week with no listing to demand a smaller percentage taken by both ebay and paypal but over the years it is clear it not about sellers. We cannot even leave negative feedback for thieves.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.