Account Limitations

RomYA00
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, 

yesterday i received message, that my account is limited now.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• Mar 9, 2015: We noticed some unusual activity in the bank account linked to your PayPal account.

But i haven't linked any account to my PayPal account! What should i do now? 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

That may very well be the interesting activity they found.  It's possible somebody phished your account and now they're trying to add a bank and move money around.

I would log into your account and follow whatever steps the account limitation details say to follow.  Click into your profile, too, and look to see if there is indeed some bank account added in there that you're not aware of.  If so, I would make sure to change your password (probably do that anyway) and then make sure you don't have some sort of a password sniffer on your computer.  You may need to use anti-virus and/or anti-spyware software to scan and remove that sort of thing.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

RomYA00
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, i will change the password. But how can i remove the limitation? 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

As I mentioned, log into the account and you should see a notice that sends you into the resolution center, and within that it will provide instructions for documentation you need to upload to verify yourself and remove the limitation.

Login to Me Too

RomYA00
Contributor
Contributor

I see. Thanks for help.

Login to Me Too

Shellbell1106
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue, had the same message but when I sign in to my account I can't see anything. No guidance on what I can do, no messages etc, I don't see any movement on my account. To begin with I thought it was a spam email 😞 confused!!
Login to Me Too

jennehogan

I have been having a problem for the last FOUR months.  A user sent me money by mistake, then sent in a complaint on my account.  I returned the money when they alerted me of the issue.  Since then, my account has been limited.  I have repeatedly requested that support remove the limitations.  No one is able to help me.  I have called and emailed repeatedly. The support at PayPal is automated to the point of no human interaction or intelligence.  They say that I have to complete the steps to remove the limitations on my account, but the steps include attaching an invoice for the items that I did not sell the mystery person and a shipping receipt for the mystery item.  None of which exists.  Does PayPal care?  No.  No action, only inaction.  Has anyone else had this problem??????

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

When you log into your account and go into the resolution center what documentation is it asking you for right now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.