processed refund then customer told me they changed credit cards... will they get their refund? ?

comoxvalleyarts
New Community Member

i don't feel like this is my responsibility to sort out for them, but I like to provide decent service 🙂 

a customer asked to be refunded and re-invoiced outside paypal as she made the purchase (workshop registration) on behalf of her organization and she wants us to invoice them directly rather than be reimbursed. 

I have no problem with that as the organization is familiar to us, and this makes sense. 

So I processed the refund yesterday, and then today got an email from the purchaser indicating that since the initial purchase, they have changed credit card providers and the one they used to make that purchase is no longer valid. 

Will paypal figure out where to send the refund?? or will it come back to my account eventually? 

or what can I tell her about next steps? She is not technically inclined and needs a simple answer... "calling paypal" is not simple, with the logging in to get a code and all that... 

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.