over seas buyers....scam? or for real?

pat28ca
Contributor
Contributor

guy says that he is gonna deposit the full amount of what my ad is and says that after the money is deposited in my paypal account....he will send a courier company to pick it up....im no idiot....but if a payment comes into my paypal account....is it in some way reversable and i end up oweing that?

sounds to good to be true so it must not be....i fugure i ask on here first to see what other experinces are. thanks paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pat28ca

READ THIS AND SEE IF IT FITS   >>>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often don't quibble on price.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the shipping agent / courier via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg western union or moneygram if that is what they ask you to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pat28ca

READ THIS AND SEE IF IT FITS   >>>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often don't quibble on price.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the shipping agent / courier via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg western union or moneygram if that is what they ask you to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pat28ca
Contributor
Contributor

just got the famous please pay 750 first for the shipping and ill include it in my payment to you shpeal....crazy conmen....thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pat28ca

Your welcome, the main reason i give up my time to help on here is to beat scams like this.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kclarapasia10
This is actually happening to me right now ? The buyer says he will send in an extra for us to pay the western union and shipping or something but no money has been In my account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kclarapasia10

Well as its a scam there never would be any money in your paypal balance would there, ignore and delete.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Panda11
New Community Member
I like to pay eBay now
Login to Me Too

SK8
New Community Member

Hello,

I was about to be the victim of fraud today. US based guys sent me money and there was nothing that I could see on my paypal account but only on the email. The email that I was getting looked so real with PayPal copyright as the signature of the email and the from: was "service Paypal.com<nameofbuyer_gmail.com>. He said i will send $900USD to upgrade my account and then sent another email saying pay through moneygram to Nigeria.

I called PayPal and came to know that the buyer do not have account with the email id and that it is trap.

I was lucky that i understood the trap plan and the first thing i did in morning was going to Canada post and retrieve the shipment. The anti-fraud team told me that these criminalist can use your identity for criminal.

Lesson learned - Exchange items physically only and that too go to nearest police station as they have special parking lot for selling/buying goods. Best is the cash, dont give account information ever.

Good luck!!! Couldn't thank god enough for bringing me out of this mess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.