i have a couple question, very confused please help :)

Kanele
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

im registered to paypall since a while but just started using it. As you can see, English isnt my first language so i hope you guys understand me fine. Ive started buying stuff on Ebay such as cloth and jewelery. Im in process of getting my account verified threw my account number and stuff. ( im from canada) so.. Lately ive started making earring and i would like to try and sell those on ebay. So i have a few question about that.

Since im pretty new to all that, its very confusing, ive read over on the forum and over the FAQ but gawd im lost.

1) When my Account number will be linked to paypall and that i'll be verified, am i still gonna be able to pay only  : with paypall - CREDIT card on ebay, or is it gonna witdraw money from my bank account automatically?

2) For shipping... How is the easiest way to do it.. Like i said, ive read up, but i m not sure that i get the whole idea. Its gonna be small package, its gonna be only earring, so... Put it in a package and what? I ve read that people was printing the code bar and.. im lost ;( what do i do ?

3) For payement, ive read that there's a couple different option, and due to those option, the waiting time is different... once again, im lost.. explaination would be awesome..

4) And am i supose to ship once ive received the money? the same day?

Actually, i would like a small walk threw from someone that wouldnt mind to help me...

thank you very much

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK i am UK based but hopefully the answers will be the same.

1. When you pay with paypal if you have a bank account linked then paypal will always take from there first unless you have funds in your paypal balance. During the payment process however you can click on "other funding sources" and select a debit or credit card on a transaction by transaction basis.

2. As for shipping it depends. If the item is pricey then always send trackable so that if the item is lost in the post you can refund the buyer and claim from your postal service. But if the items are cheap then it is up to you whether to just take the risk.

You can use paypal postage if you want to or you can just take the item to your post office and pop it in the post.

3. As  a new seller you will probably be subject to the 21 day payment hold. But funds are released earlier if your buyer leaves feedback or the tracking number you can add to the "details" of the transaction in your paypal account shows the item as delivered plus 3 days.

Other than that once you are passed the hold stage the payments should be instant UNLESS the buyer pays with an echeque in which case paypal will tell you when it has cleared and you can send the item.

4. You can put your despatch time on your auctions but the sooner you send the item the better. I aim to get mine in the post within a couple of days.

Some more advice, read up on paypals seller protection and read up on the safety centre.

Beware of scams........NEVER send an item unless the payment is showing in your paypal account even if pending.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kanele
Contributor
Contributor

Ha gawd... i wish it was simple ;(

Yes the item will be pretty cheap 3-4 $ per. Its handmade simple earring.. Its mainly just for fun ya know. So it's gonna be what? Flat post? and id like to offer Free shipping, so... im not sure how that work either i guess i'll have to go check at the post office..

Thanks for the info.. helped me a little  bit, still confused but oh well i hope i wont mess up

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.