You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

giladtiram
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have seen this problem mentioned in the forum but this was a closed topic.

Since I had the same problem today and I think I may have some conclusions I added this new post.

The problem occur on some cases when I defined recurring payment button.

When testing the code produced by PayPal as is, on plan HTML page I got this error:

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

I started to play with various options and I found that this problem occur to me only if I define the payment options in Hebrew.

I assume that the source for the problem is that buttons settings, on the case of multi-option recurring buttons,

at the moment when button settings are stored by PayPal are parsed from the text of the option. When the text can't be parsed correctly to product the data about price, period and period-type, a problem is created internally but user is not notified. 

RThe fact that user is not notified is a BUG of the button wizard. 

To affirm this theory I made the following steps:

1. I verified that the problem occur only when I am using Hebrew text for multiple options.

I assume that the hebrew text change the order of words in the string for the options label and this may be the reason for an assumed internal parsing error.

2. I created button that works fine  (I used english for the options)

3. On the HTML code I changed the option "value" attribute for the button that works fine. 

Result: I got the same error.  - This is another BUG since I was expecting to get an error that option is not recognized.

Summary this error occur when option in a multiple-options recurring button is not recognized.

The reason for options not to be recognized may be have multiple sources, in my case it was because of using Hebrew text for options.  Accordingly I assume that button settings are concluded by parsing of text which is a design BUG to my opinion. 

The workaround in my case:

- Prepare multiple options button using simple english text. 

- Check that button in working fine.

- After pasting the HTML form you can change ONLY the option text for any text that you want - in my case I changed the options label back to hebrew (Note: the value attrinute of the options element was kept untouched - in english)

Hope this help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

stevesims
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue on my website http://www.stevesims.com - I am integrating a membership plugin called 'Simple Wordpress Membership' and am getting the message "Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription." when I click the subscribe button and head off to Paypal. My site isn't in Hebrew, but can you advise what changes I should make to fix this (if possible).

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.