What payment solution should I use?

sarahnorthway
Contributor
Contributor

I'm completely baffled by all the different payment solutions, their various names and APIs and quirks and complexities. Can anyone help me determine which solution I should use to sell digital items for a video game? I don't have a web storefront, I just want to send the user off to PayPal then notify my server when they buy something.

It seems like in order to sell digital goods (at least with decently low fees) I need to use "PayPal for Digital Goods" which is available in two flavors, "Express Checkout" being the simpler one. But the Integration Guide makes it seem complex, including a javascript file I need to integrate, stuff I need to store in their session and a token I have to hang on to and recall later.

Didn't it use to be as simple as opening a link to PayPal then listening for a pingback from the PayPal server saying "payment complete!"? Is all this session/javascript stuff necessary to sell digital items?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.