WHERE is my refund !? Please help !

ChloeLoder
Contributor
Contributor

So i recently purchased something on Ebay, When i checked out i selected to use PayPal Guest (Use this if you dont have a paypal account. ) I used paypal guest with my Debit Visa and decided i didnt want the item so they gave me a refund. I dont know where my refund went, i have checked my bank account numerous times and i havent gotten the money. The seller told me they gave me a refund to my pay pal account. and also i got a message from pay pal saying i was refunded that money and to sign into my account, I DO have a paypal account but i NEVER use it i always use paypal guest. I signed into my original paypal account just to see and nothing, Where do i go and what do i do to get my money back !? =( Please help !

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ChloeLoder -

Hi there!

Not to worry - if you paid via guest checkout, the payment will go directly back to your card (which in this case, is attached to your bank account outside of PayPal).  When payments are originally made via a card, and then later refunded, PayPal sends them back to the card in question.

How long does this take? PayPal makes the funds immediately available to your card issuer, but your card issuer may take up to 30 days to credit you.  Most, understandably, don't take this long.  Just like PayPal, they know  your money is important to you, and it's been my experience that most card issuers post credits within 7-10 days.  To determine how long it takes your card issuer to post credits made to a card, just give them a call.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

RuthShivani
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have had two refunds credited to my paypal account, lst october, but they are not showing either in my paypal balance and or the bank card connected with the account. Where is my money. Thankyou x

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

RuthShivani -

Welcome to the Community!

Did you originally pay with a bank transfer? If so, the process for the refund is different than a card.  If the seller refunds you before the bank transfer finishes processing in the background, then the refund isn't available until the bank transfer arrives.  In the US, a bank transfer can take 3-5 business days to complete processing.

Once it does, it will deposit into your balance.  I would recommend checking on your History to see when you made the original payment, calculate an approximate date, and go from there.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

RuthShivani
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou Adrian I paid from my direct debit bank card via paypal account, usually it goes into my paypal account and then if I want it back in my bank I have to transfer it over. it says on my paypal account that refunds were received but its not showing on my account and not showing in my bank either. thankyou x

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome! It definitely sounds like the bank transfer is still processing in the background then.  I'm sure if you keep an eye out you'll see it credit into your balance at some point.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

RuthShivani
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou Adrian. It has now shown up as available in my paypal account!!!? - so just withdrew it into my bank account.. It all seems to take so long - money lurking in cyber space!! Thanks again.x

Login to Me Too

condadolores
New Community Member

I want to return money that was sent according to the information that I followed money should have been returned is still asking for his item or money. I want to close my account with paypal and ebay. I have old coins to sale but I cannnot understand how all this works its so frustrating for me....Please someone help

Login to Me Too

Sodaliscious
New Community Member

I've had a similar experience and am waiting on a refund from Oct. 4th that is still pending.  I know I have to then send the payment back into my bank account - how long will that take to go through?  

All this because there was a mistake on the 1st invoice I was sent and the company cancelled my payment within minutes of placing the order but it still went through Paypal and removed the money from my account. I certainly hope you're looking into ways to process things faster.

Login to Me Too

elvikeco

Hi

I have the same problem with refunds. I  bought an item on Sep 25, 2012 than the seller refunds me on  Sep 30, 2012 but have about 2 weeks and the money haven shown on papayl balance or on credit card balance. I have paid my bank for that total price nd im still waiting to take the moneys back. How much time should i wait????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.