Transfer USD in Canada

Ellen7
Contributor
Contributor

I will be receiving USD to my Paypal.ca account and have linked my USD account at a bank in Canada. I just want to confirm that the US funds can be transferred into the USD account at a Canadian bank and there  will be no fees or conversion.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Roberta3
New Community Member

@Ellen7 wrote:

I will be receiving USD to my Paypal.ca account and have linked my USD account at a bank in Canada. I just want to confirm that the US funds can be transferred into the USD account at a Canadian bank and there  will be no fees or conversion.

Ellen did it work? I want to do the same.

Login to Me Too

thx2112
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal sends money to Canada in Canadian dollars no matter what bank account it is. If you send US$ to a US$ account at a Canadian bank Paypal will exchange it into Canadian dollars, and then your bank will exchange it back to US$ -- you'll get hit with two exchange rate conversions.

Login to Me Too

victim5000
New Community Member

It's all part of a pay pal scam.  They make an extra 2.5% when they exchange the funds, and they do it in spite of being asked not to.  I've had people pay me in U.S. funds only to find that pay pal pays me in Canadian dollars.  When I ask that the funds be LEFT IN U.S. DOLLARS, THEY SAY THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT.  I think it's time for a class action law suit.  I hope a lawyer is reading this.

Login to Me Too

thecellarseller
New Community Member

do you know what happens if US customer pays ?sends money to me in CA dollars ? is there exchange fees then ?

Login to Me Too

mdjpurdon
New Community Member

Same here, I only have US clients and they usually wire into my USD bank account but I wanted to offer paypal as a convenience. Seems like the sign up wasn't worth it if I can't just move money into and out of my USD account without paying a conversion fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.