Shopping cart/check-out

cwhaley
Contributor
Contributor

I've used Paypal buttons for one-off purchases and subscriptions, but now I'm considering shopping cart functionality.  I can see how to implement Add to Cart, but how is the eventual Check Out handled?  I don't see a button for that?

Is it automatic and obvious to the customer? 

...Charles

PS I'd prefer not to implement a 3rd party shopping cart if I can accomplish the basics within PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you need to change the "cpp_header_image" variable value to reflect the associated site.  That way you can use a different logo graphic for each business.

Note, the main problem for most folks is their actual business name.  For example, if your business name is Joe's Shoes and now you're selling candy and shoes.  You can have a different logo for the candy site however when the customer gets the bill, he or she still sees Joe's Shoes.  Your business name should be neutral for multiple sites, like "Acme Enterprises" or what ever name works for you. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The checkout process is all on the PayPal Screens, it's obvious.  The customer can continue to shop after adding an item to cart or they can checkout.

Login to Me Too

cwhaley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! Now a related question.  I'm trying to use one account for multiple sites.  When I implemented my shopping cart at a new site, the company name at the top is my company name, but the name isn't obviously related to the web site.  Can I use a different name at the top of the shopping cart "invoice"?

...Charles

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you need to change the "cpp_header_image" variable value to reflect the associated site.  That way you can use a different logo graphic for each business.

Note, the main problem for most folks is their actual business name.  For example, if your business name is Joe's Shoes and now you're selling candy and shoes.  You can have a different logo for the candy site however when the customer gets the bill, he or she still sees Joe's Shoes.  Your business name should be neutral for multiple sites, like "Acme Enterprises" or what ever name works for you. 

Login to Me Too

cwhaley
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks snowshoe!  Your tips have been very helpful.  I should be able to figure out how to change that variable, but if you can tell me how, so much the better.  I'm not much of a code jockey!

...Charles

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.