Shipping Calculator For Canada

mtlprophoto
New Community Member

Hello, I still have yet to receive any information from PayPal regarding this issue, so wodering if others are indeed experiencing the same problem like PayPal said or if i am getting the run around while on the phone.

I am a Canadian seller trying to set up a calculation table, when I click in "my Profile" and "shipping calculations" i am brought to a single page with a few price ranges. I SHOULD be able to enter what i want to charge based on the price range, but when i enter my desired amounts and hit "save" the information I wrote does not get saved and reverts back to default values every time.

I could make a table using American funds but as a a candian, mostly dealing with candian customers it would be nie to stick to my roiginal currency.

it would also be nice if Paypal actually worked on their gltiches but hey, wishful thinking...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have you contacted Tech Support?

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

Also, try a different web browser ... you can first try deleting your browser's cookies, temp files and history.  Then close the browser, reopen and retry.  If nothing changes, try a different web browser - there's IE, Chrome, FireFox and Safari  to name a few - sometimes just changing browsers fixes odd things like this.

Login to Me Too

tresorsdorient
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mtlprophoto .

Well... misery loves company.  I'm also having the same issue that you have. Plus, when trying to select a currency in the "Shipping calculation" section, I have no currency in the currency dropdown menu.  Still trying to resolve. Have sent my problem to Paypal.    It would seem that this is a currency issue, which is certainly related to some help that we can find on the shipping calculation that often specifies ..."for US users "

Login to Me Too

tresorsdorient
Contributor
Contributor

FYI.  Got an answer from Paypal last night !    They are aware of the bug and working on a fix. 

Here is the problem that I submited to them :

"I can't update or change anything in the "shipping calculation". And in there, there is no currency in the drop down menu. It is like something is preventing me to change anything in that page ! "

And here is my free translation of their reply : (had asked them in French first)

" The bug that you have is on our side.  Our tech teams have developped a fix which will be deployed in the next Paypal website update, on October 8th".

Here is their original response :

"Le problème que vous rencontrez est un bug de notre côté.
Nos équipes techniques ont mis au point un correctif qui sera déployé lors de la prochaine mise à jour de notre site PayPal le 8 Octobre."

So let's hope that we're back in business October 9th !

Login to Me Too

moonshadowcandl
Contributor
Contributor

Same problems here and after hours and phone calls to Paypal techs and emails, still no fix and no one told me there was a bug!

I have many pages on my website with many paypal buttons and I have to go through them all to change them because a big company like paypal can't get techs to solve this problem?? Time to start looking for another company that has techs that can solve big problems!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.