Sending Money

Decoys
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a question about sending money. The person I send the money to has to have an email that's registered with Paypal, correct? And if that's not the case, if I send the money to an email, where does the money go then? Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can send money to any email address.  If the recipient does not have a PayPal Account, he or she must open a PayPal Account to receive the funds.   Any email address you send to will receive an email notice from PayPal that someone has sent them money.

If for some reason, you send the money to an email address that is not valid or the reciever does not want to open or accept the money, the status of the transaction will show "unclaimed".  

If the status is "unclaimed" and the "cancel" link is displayed, you can then cancel the transaction. 

If the status is "unclaimed" and the "cancel" link is not displayed or active, the PayPal system will return the funds to your after 30 days.

Should the funds be claimed and you know that the receiver is not who you intended to send the money too, it's totally up to you and the recipient to negotiate the return of the money.

Login to Me Too

Decoys
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome ! Do you also know how long it usualy takes to send money from one country to another. Does it vary from country to country?

Login to Me Too

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

14.35 seconds.Woman LOL  It's pretty well immediate.

Setting up a Paypal account in an overseas bank account may take longer and will depend on the level of bureaucracy in the country.

Login to Me Too

KarlBry
New Community Member

I keep getting the message: We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now.

I never get beyond putting in my friend's email address, the amount, currency, and what the money is for.  I've tried on Google Chrome and IE and I continue to get the same response.

Is this temporary or do I have a specific problem sending money to my friend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.