Selling as an individual

jbab
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am selling an item on Kijiji and a potential buyer (who lives a couple hours away from me) want to use paypal as payment method.  First of all, is this a safe way to proceed?  And if so, how should I proceed to make sure that I really get the payment before shipping the item?

Thanks in advance,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

jbab -

Hello there!

PayPal is a safe and secure method to receive payments online.  WIth every business transaction comes a level of risk, and PayPal works on your behalf to help mitigate that risk.  There are always best practices that should employ as a merchant to help prevent the risk of claims, chargebacks, or reversals, such as always shipping to the address in the transaction details and following the requirements of the Seller Protection Policy.  If you do ship an item, make sure to obtain online tracking (signature if required), save a copy of the label, and insurance is recommended for your protection in the event the item is damaged in transit by the courier.  To learn more about staying safe when selling online, check out these resources:

PayPal Seller Protection

How does PayPal Protect me as a seller?

Examples of Suspected Fraud/Fake Emails

Is this email from PayPal?

Is this too good to be true? Spotting a scam

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.