Selling an item

MuhammadM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times but I have a personal account and would like to sell an item. The value of the product is in the range of £300/£320 and would like to know the fees I would have to pay for the money to reach my bank account. On the website it says "Standard transaction fee within the UK: 3.4% + 20p per transaction" so I would have to pay £10.20-£10.88 +20p to PayPal and then I will receive my money or is the fee automatically deducted from the total. Would I be covered if somehow the customer says they didn’t receive the item, when they have?

If I was to sell a product through PayPal but chose the option "Sending or receiving money between friends and family within the UK (in GBP)" would I pay any fees? Would I be covered if someone cancels the purchase even though I have sent the parcel and they have received it?

Also, if I was to go through PayPal and request money do I go to "send and request", then "request money" then fill out the form?

Lastly, the buyer is in the UK, but wants the item shipped abroad. They say they will pay for the shipping. If I do send the item abroad and then there is a complaint made saying the parcel wasn’t received, will I lose my item? Will I be protected in anyway?

Sorry for the long type of question, wasn’t sure so wanted an answer. Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MuhammadM

You should not be selling on a personal account, that is for sending to sellers or receiving from family / friends.

Secondly the fee you state is correct BUT it is deducted automatically from your buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your paypal balance.

If you chose the family / friends option to receive payments from buyers then you risk your account being limited as you are not allowed to negate your fees and your buyers paypal buyer protection by asking them to pay that way.

You can invoice buyers or use money request no difference except you can put more info on the former.

As for an international payment you are covered for an item not received dispute as long as tracking shows the item as delivered to the buyer , but not all countries offer that option so best to check that before you list and apply your buyer blocks.

Avoid Nigeria.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MuhammadM

You should not be selling on a personal account, that is for sending to sellers or receiving from family / friends.

Secondly the fee you state is correct BUT it is deducted automatically from your buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your paypal balance.

If you chose the family / friends option to receive payments from buyers then you risk your account being limited as you are not allowed to negate your fees and your buyers paypal buyer protection by asking them to pay that way.

You can invoice buyers or use money request no difference except you can put more info on the former.

As for an international payment you are covered for an item not received dispute as long as tracking shows the item as delivered to the buyer , but not all countries offer that option so best to check that before you list and apply your buyer blocks.

Avoid Nigeria.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MuhammadM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I suspect this may be a scam so I’ll be staying away.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.