Sale with shipping charges

needyourhelp
New Community Member

Hello i sold an item and the customer paid with paypal  they included 700 for shipping with western union.  i received an email saying that i needed to send the money to western union and then my account would be credited

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi needyourhelp,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

If asked to send money via Western Union as part of a PayPal transaction, it is almost definitely a scam. I suggest taking a look at this post from Adrian in the Examples of Suspected Fraud/Fake Emails thread. He lists some great resources that should really help.

Thanks for exercising caution! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dodgeit
New Community Member

Hi I just got the same thing about sending money western union its a scam

Login to Me Too

tlm05
New Community Member

I think I have been scamed and I thought Pay Pal was SUPPOSED to prevent this from happening??  I was contacted about an item I am selling and a price was agreed upon.  Then I was contacted and told I had to pay shipping charges and the money would be added to my account.  I stupidly did it trusting it was legit.  I got a confirmation from Pay Pal saying the transaction was successful and the funds would be in my account within 6 to 12 hours.

I then got an email saying insurance money was needed to complete the sale.  This is where I stop.  I told the buyer to put the insurance money and money I already paid into my account and I would get the insurance.  I tried to get the money back from Western Union but it was already gone.

I haven't heard back from the buyer and now feel like a fool for trusting and trying to help someone.  I by no means can afford to lose the money I did and now I must try and get it back if I can.  So much for secure and guranteed!  Am I the only one to fall for this?  How can this happen??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.