Regarding a canceled payment

BillyJo
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I made a payment and then canceled the same but After I saw that paypal debited that amount from my bank account? Is that normal? The status to the canceled payment appears as "completed" but I dont get why paypal still debited from my bankaccount. Any ideas. Thnx in advance
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment (as the seller can't accept it), those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment (as the seller can't accept it), those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BillyJo
Contributor
Contributor

Thnx for the info.

Login to Me Too

Lors79
Contributor
Contributor
Made a payment on behalf of my husband only to find out a couple of hrs after that the email address was wrong..the transaction is incomplete yet everytime i press the cancel button it sends me back to the transaction summary page. I am seriously **bleep** right now since i cant even talk to someone..if there is customer service i cant find it. I know it automatically cancels after 30days but what if the address was valid and some weirdo takes my money...pls help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.