Recovering shipping from paypal

noelgallagirl
New Community Member

I shipped an item to a buyer on ebay. I, the seller, live in Canada, and the buyer lives in the US.

The item is being returned to me due to the 'wrong address'. The address I sent it to was the address that paypal and ebay have...however, there were three different 'directions' on the Canada Post website ( SE, NE, and SW) , all with the exact same zip code. The last four numbers of the zip were different, though, but I did not have those last four digits because they were neither on ebay, nor paypal. Since both paypal and ebay only had the first five numbers of the zip code, I just shipped it to the first one that the Canada Post website had, not even realizing that there were three different choices.

Anyway, the buyer wants me to reship it when I receive it back. Not only will I have to pay to receive it back (could be $20), but I will also have to pay another almost $20 to reship it to the buyer. $40 more out of my pocket for a $20 item that I already paid almost $20 to ship to the US.

Is there any way to dispute the shipping charges and recoup them if I accept the parcel back, and reship it?

Thank you in advance for any help...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.