Paypal button code does not work in Blogger post

2stepbay
Contributor
Contributor

I created a Paypal button today using my custom button image. Button was created without issue. There are 5 payment options associated with the button set forth in a paypal provided drop down menu.

I pasted the entire code as provided by Paypal into the body of a Blogger post (using html option). After publishing the post he button appears correctly in the body of the blog. However, when I click on the Button, I'm directed to Paypal's home page instead of the correct payment form. What needs to change for the button to function as intended?

Appreciate any help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First you need to find out if Blogger can accept HTML Forms.  The PayPal item button code is basically an HTML Form.  Some sites will not accept HTML Forms or the editor must be in a specific mode when you add the code.  If your site does not play well with HTML Forms, most likely you can use the email or text link version of the PayPal Code.  Note, the email version or hyperlink version is very basic, you cannot do text import or dropdown selections.

Login to Me Too

2stepbay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. Seems Blogger doesn't work with frames within the blog framework, however, works if I create a html gadget to appear on my blog sidebar. Would have preferred to use the button within the post...but then again I'm talking about Blogger and its unique approach to html.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.