Paypal Shipping Error 60017

jlreidy
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

sunnyd5188
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here. I tried from yesterday to today, didn't work at all!!

Login to Me Too

burlygirly
New Community Member
Yes, same here for 2 weeks. 3 different computers, different browsers. Error Code 60017. Beyond frustrated!
Login to Me Too

CDA
Contributor
Contributor

Found the problem. Paypal now requires phone numbers of both sender and reciever of package outside of Canada. It is a pain, but I have put smething to that effect in all my listings. Sent one yesterday with both #s and I was able to print the label. Would be nice if Paypal tld us abut this change...

Try it and let me know if that fixed the issue for you too.

Login to Me Too

biz-arts
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that and still doesn't work

Login to Me Too

tu-ee
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this problem for months most times I end up going to my post office which is inconvenient now as I am disabled and no longer drive . Paypals shipping labels are really stupid you have to go backwards and forwards to use their label printing -- I keep trying to use the ebay original shipping label and get the same message you do -- PayPal is trying to force us to use their stupid printing labels by blocking the ebay ones --- Please get paypal to give back our right to use the printing lables we prever --- Every ebay small seller shoud complain I do

@CDA wrote:

I keep getting the following message after I enter all the shipping info and hit "pay":

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

• PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am trying to ship from Canada. Any others having this problem? Sorted through previous posts and none have helped.

I have been having this problem for months most times I end up going to my post office which is inconvenient now as I am disabled and no longer drive . Paypels shipping labels are really stupid you have to go backwards and forwards to use their label printing -- I keep trying to use the ebay original shipping label and get the same message you do -- PayPal is trying to force us to use their stupid printing labels by blocking the ebay ones Please get paypal to give back the right to use the printing lables we prever Every ebay small seller shoud complain I do ie every time i sell one of my small figurines It makes me pull my hair out and scream!!!!!! by the way I am Pat Murray my husband opened up the site for me so his name is on my ebay and paypal accounts

Login to Me Too

Canada_Nurse
Contributor
Contributor

Reply To:  PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I have received this message several times prior to paying for the shipping lable and was able to find the following solutions.

1) The buyer's address was too long. The label does not appear to want to work if there is too many characters. Sometimes breaking down the address onto two lines will help to solve the problem.

2) Canada Post does not ship to the address. If the buyer lives on some island in the middle of the ocean, then it might be rejected. The post office will be able to tell you if this is the problem.

3) Paypal does not want to ship to the buyer's address because of the high risk location.

Login to Me Too

tu-ee
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for the reply, I had taken a look at that and they do not apply -- It seems to me that it is PayPals new labels causing the problem, I have to  use their label printing which I dislike and there is no problem ! makes me feel like I am being forced to use their service which is a pain as there is more jumping about from one page to another .

tu-ee

Login to Me Too

Fredmineral
New Community Member

Hello!

Doea anyone have a solutioon for the issue below, that E-Bay and Paypal blam eon each other, afecting some Canadian sellers like mne at th emoment of creating a label to ship towards the US.  Used to work, but they updated something...

ERRORCODE-60017

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

lynn54
New Community Member

Is anyone else getting error code 60017 after the required update to link their Paypal account to their Canada Post account?

Login to Me Too

Ambition
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same error code but it's after completing a shipping, right after I entered the address, the custom infos, etc. and clicked print. It cannot print my shipping label and the code 60017. Shipping worked for one order we got but the second one didn't work.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.