Nigerian scam

nellymish23
Contributor
Contributor

A nigerian woman is trying to buy my ps3 for 310 CAD

I thought it was a scam and she gave me a phone number starting with the numbers :+ 23470 etc

is it a genuen nigeriam paypal service.

If not what do i do, becuse they have threated to suspend it.

I did not recived the money and the person on that number told me once i send them the traching number to there email then they will dsend the money to my account.

Please help me im confuced and worried.

They thretend to suspent my account.

What do i do just ignore it ?

Please help thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

nellymish23 -

Welcome to the Community!

There is no genuine Nigerian PayPal service - we don't offer our products or our services in that region.  Their request for a tracking number (I'm betting it was received in an email that at least appears to be from PayPal, as was the suspension threat) isn't how our service operates and are fraudulent emails.  You can ignore them or forward them over to spoof@paypal.com for our fraud teams to register. After that, I think I'd take a pass on this particular buyer.

If you'd like to see more examples of suspected fraud or fake emails submitted by members, go here.

To learn more about identifying fake emails, go here.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

trickedseller
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there adrian how can i forward you some known fraud related emails  and attempts they are saying that i have to send money through western union and then they will credit me on my account or some crap like that i need help

Login to Me Too

almostgotme
New Community Member

Hi me and my wife are selling a few gold rings and the same lady tried same thing to us, money will come when tracking number is given. Somone really has to take her down a pag

Login to Me Too

trickedseller
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there i was reading up on this scam. and what was the ladies name i just got **bleep**ed over selling a portable device

Login to Me Too

Nuckafish20

I was contacted by this person too today about sending a iphone they sent me the email but nothing ever showed up in my account and then the letterheads on the email were from like germany and the number to contact was a california number and the address given was in Nigeria. They said i need to provide tracking number and then the funds will be sent to me. The name of the buyer was Audrey ******* if anyone has came across this name.  

Login to Me Too

trickedseller
Contributor
Contributor

Hey dont send it out and its all fake the paypal website they use the email they probably asked you for an email adress so they can credit your account right?

Its probably a higher amount then what you asked for but i shipped from North America to nigeria for 200 dollars and then found out it was a scam so dont do the same mistake i made im still in the progress of trying to get my item back and cancel the shipment but i had to pay another 200 for that.  some people have no life making money off of poor people.

Login to Me Too

Canemo

hi there,

I had the same bad experience with a buyer( I don't know where he is exactly located, but as per his phone # he should be in Pennsylvania state ) he asked me to ship the item to his lovely girl friend in Nigeria. he insisted to pay me by Paypal. OK no problem, he told me that my account account will be immediately credited after verifying the tracking # of the shipping. I received an e-mail "from Paypal" in that way. I shipped the item, sent him the track #, but my account is not credited yet.

After reading your Posts, I figured out that I've been pranked.

Fortunately, I shipped the package at the post office late on Friday, I was the first one at the post office early in the morning on Monday. Thanks God the package is still there, it has not been picked up yet. so I get back my package and shipement fees.

So be careful and think twice.

Just for your Information and take care of this guy:

Name: Davis ****

Thank you All

Login to Me Too

trickedseller
Contributor
Contributor

Yea they go by coherent names and thank god you were able to get your Money back I lost I've 275$ makes me feel better knowing you were able to stop these **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.