NEED HELP ASAP !!!!:(

adrake
Contributor
Contributor

I NEED HELP ASAP

I am selling my bed to someone internationally and they sent me the money already. but its on hold and i do not want to get scammed for my money . this is my first time selling anything threw paypal btw. 

so the buyer wants me to send $600 of my money to the supposed shipping company that i cant find any info on

and they say once i do, the money on hold will be in my account.

i just want to know if i do send the suppose shipping company $600 by via western union ,  is their anyway i can get rein-burst if the money on hold doesnt actually go into my PayPal account

thanks, alex

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

adrake -

I would recommend reading through this thread.  From what you're telling me about this particular story the buyer has provided to you, it sounds very similar to other reported instances of fraud and scams.  Check it out - you'll be glad you did.

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

adrake
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, i really appreciate it.

i did find out it was a scam

thanks, alex

Login to Me Too

subkat

Hi Alex,

If it helps, I got hit with the same scammers.  I was selling an antique bookcase on kijiji and was contracted by a "woman" who agreed to purchase and then told me she was now living in UK and would arrange for her shippers to pick it up.  She said she would the money via paypal, no mention of shipping fees!  The next thing was a really good replication of the paypal email formats and a notice telling me I was being sent $900 extra for shipping costs which I was to then send via Western Union.  Too many red flags in my emails with the "buyer" so I contacted paypal by phone and forwarded it on to them.  I have since received several emails supposedly from paypal threatening me with legal action unless I forward the money!!!!  I don't think so.........good try though.  I really hope no one is actually falling for it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.