Link bank account to two PayPal accounts

KeenMouse
Contributor
Contributor

I've had to set up a second PayPal account because I run two websites that both need to receive IPN messages, and I can only set one IPN message URL on an account. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I need both PayPal accounts linked to the same bank account. Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time. However, if approved, you may be able to add the bank to a second PayPal account. You will be informed when linking the bank to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.

You would have to contact customer support for assistance.  Know PayPal, it's probably easier to have your wisdom teeth pulled.

Login to Me Too

KeenMouse
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to link the same bank account to my second PayPal account, I get this:

The account you entered would need additional review. Please link a different bank account. 

If you would still like to use this bank account, you may fax us a copy of the bank statement with the two amounts PayPal deposited in your bank account shown and a copy of your driver's license or other photo I.D. You must use this form for your fax cover sheet and send the fax to (402) 537-5780.

Are they saying to fax the same bank statement with the PayPal deposits that I used when linking my first PayPal account, or are they going to do the deposit thing again for the second account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.