Paypal Shipping Error 60017

jlreidy
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jakeroo
Contributor
Contributor

Just got this explanation from Paypal, it took them 15 minutes to respond to my email....can't fault the service there.

"Thank you for reaching back out and providing a transaction ID as well as screenshot. The error 60017 is mapped back to Canada Post. Meaning, they provide us a generic error and have us post a generic error message. Under most circumstances our error messaging will map back to a specific issue. For this particular one, Canada post does not provide PayPal with detailed error mapping and it would be speculation to tell you (right now) if it is one thing or another.

All that being said, we are currently seeing an uptick today of this error populating. We are currently engaging our shipping development team to see what is causing the trend from Canada post.

As soon as I have an update- I will be sure to provide it to you."

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Extrawork
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem for two days now, with error code:  ERRORCODE-60017. Lets wait till Monday and see if things get fixed. I hope someone from Paypal is reading this forum.

@jlreidy wrote:

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too

miyagirl
Contributor
Contributor

no one is reading this. same problem here, been trying to figure it out for a week

Login to Me Too

k72
New Community Member

I've had the same problem.  It's hit and miss today.  I was able to create a few lables this morning and now I can't create any.  International or domestic.  Keep getting the same code.  Called Palpal support twice to find out what is the issue and was provided no information except it a bug in the system and no idea when it will be fixed.  I was just told to keep trying or try later.  Totally unacceptable.  This problem has been ongoing since late October.

Login to Me Too

yuvakala
New Community Member

Jeez. I have 20 orders i need to ship out this morning and this New but not improved multi-order shipping keeps giving me this 60017 error code that wont let me print my labels. I am furious. 

Login to Me Too

alex451
Contributor
Contributor

Check the addresses, make sure none of them have 'default' in any of the lines. Make the addresses tidy and it will work fine. That's what I did and it fixed the error.

Login to Me Too

jpepper
New Community Member

Thank you, Alex451, for posting your fix!  My customer entered a line (|) between her first and last name, which appears Canada Post didn't like. I took your advise and 'cleaned up' the shipping information, removing the vertical line, and it worked!

Login to Me Too

Extrawork
Contributor
Contributor

It has been a couple of days I can't print the shipping label. I have worked up to calculate shipping charges. It gives me a message "We're sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017".

Today I have tried again and tried different inputs. I figure it out that the error is at the insurance amount. I am trying to ship a package of 10lb expedited and insuraned it for $300. It only prints if I just take the basic $100 coverage but not any extra. Please fix it.

Login to Me Too

DonJamieson
New Community Member

I'm trying to ship an $80 scarf to the USA and it weighs 74 grams, and it repeatedly gives me the error code.

Also normal access to Shippo's label buying process has changed, I can't figure out why.

Also trying to print from Paypal has failed.

Argh !!!

Don

Login to Me Too

CDA
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting the following message after I enter all the shipping info and hit "pay":

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

• PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am trying to ship from Canada. Any others having this problem? Sorted through previous posts and none have helped.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.