How Do I get my Funds Back

thillman
Contributor
Contributor

I had a customer purchase an item from me. 

I am in Canada, They are in Spain  - Estimated delivery time 6 to 8 weeks. 

A few weeks in buyer put a claim against me that the item had not been delivered . i provided the tracking number. 

because the item was on a boat somewhere and the tracking had not been updated, Paypal Sided with the buyer. 

Funds were return. 

Im furious at this point, dispute the claime, Denied because the item has not been recieved. 

Now finally the item arrived, The tracking number indicated that the item was delivered to the customer. 

Paypal, closes the claim in favor of me, but then says they I have to go after the money myself !!!!!! 

should this be Paypals responsiblity to get the money back for me, since they were the ones that withdrew . 

And the most horrifying part of it all, Why would the buyer willingly give me the money now that they have recieved the item . 

Any input on how I should tackle this with Paypal will be appreciated. 

Side Note - I have never been on hold as long as I was with paypal. I spent 2 hours on the phone last night and still didn't get the answers that I needed. Its really frustrating that Paypal seems to be your only choice when selling online. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A buyer only has up to 45 days to file a dispute with paypal.

So as a seller NEVER send an item by ship. If you want protection then you need to send it airmail so it arrives well within the 45 days.

As you chose to send the slower way it gave the buyer time to file and win a dispute.

Once a dispute has been decided then its up to the seller to invoice the buyer and hope they re-pay, just as it was the sellers choice how they sent the item.

good luck, hope the buyer is honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thillman
Contributor
Contributor

lesson learnt. 

i wasnt awaire of this. Shipping was 60.00 even at 6 to 8 weeks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.