HELP !! The redirect is not working to my URL after a year of working

Totalgirl
Contributor
Contributor

The redirect is not working to my URL after a year of working .It has been a year now where NO one is redirected to the application form .

All get the Error :    Oops ! Google Chrome could not connect to  xx.xx.xxx.xxx :909  and that s it !!

I am loosing tine and money paying 35$ a month and it s not working !

Tks for any help.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's really no helpful information here other than stating your return URL is not working.   Someone would have to look at your account profile settings and your item button code and do a bit of testing.  That's not something that can be done thru the forum.

We can speculate a bit.

Has anything at all changed on your sever side?

Are you using the "return" variable in your item button code or in your account profile or both?

Does the URL come up if you just type the page into your browser?

Have you checked with your site host provider?

You do have the option to open a Support Ticket concerning your issue.  At least the Techs can look at your Account Profile settings.

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

Login to Me Too

Totalgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

I contacted Servoy s services , and yes, in fact, the  IP adress of my computer ( server) changed.

Don t know why, but I went and changed the redirection in the buttons.Once my webmaster will update the buttons

I will be able to test it.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Totalgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Well  I tried, still not working when changing the ip , changed the button, updated on website but in VAIN...nothing

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What happens when you simply type the URL of your page in your web browser, does it come up?

If yes, then you know that part is correct.

As for changing your item button code, are you using the "return" variable in your item button code?

Example:

<!-- Replace value with the web page you want the customer to return to after a successful transaction -->
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.yourwebsite.com/ThankYou.html">

Doing the above will override whatever you have setup in your Account Profile if you needed something different from your Account Profile settings however, you can have the same URL in both places too.

Last, after you have made your changes to your item button code and/or account profile, be sure to delete your web browser's cookies, temp files and history before testing the changes.   This ensures a clean start.   Delete the browser's cookies, temp files and history, then close the browser, reopen it and then test your code.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.