Disable buy it now when inventory is 0

Violet13
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way to automatically disable a buy it now button when inventory reaches 0? Or someway to tell users the item is sold out before they click the button?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Violet13 -

Hello there!

When you create a button with the Inventory option, checkout for that particular button is disabled once inventory reaches zero. 

The button graphic itself is not tied into this feature, so you might be able to work in an API, IPN, or third party checkout process with your site that would automatically remove the item or update it's description once inventory reaches zero.  For more information on setting up any of the above, check out www.x.com, our developers website.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

justaloginname
New Community Member

I would also like this functionality without having to setup an entire store or shopping cart and it’s surprising that it’s not a standard setting. I don't want a user to have to click on the Buy Now button to see that the item is sold out. I wouldn't mind if the link was still active as long as I could update the button image with a "Sold Out" image to simply inform the user and not waste their time by having to click on it.

Does a certain “PayPal HTML Variable” update when an item is sold out and code could be written to update an image when this variable changes? Or, are these variables to pass data to PayPal rather than receive data?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.