Case disputes

alissas_01
New Community Member
I sold a handbag four months ago. The buyer opened case stating it wasn't authentic. I sent a screenshot that the brand gave me showing proof of purchase in their system. They cannot reprint a receipt from 10 years ago. PayPal sided with the buyer. She was able to basically borrow my $3,000 designer bag for 4 months and now I have to refund her. I have sold on eBay for almost 10 years and never sold a fake thing. I also have a PayPal MasterCard , I'm closing everything, I'm so disgusted with PayPal. And I find it unfair that I have to take back a used bag she got to rock for 4 months and now decide to get her lined back.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alissas_01

If she could have proved it was fake (which of course she couldn't), then Paypal would not have told her to return it.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers so paypal tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you at their own expense before you have to refund.

Credit cards give buyers the same protection if they are unhappy with a purchase but again often the buyer is not required to send the item back first.

Whether you close your Paypal account is up to you and is of no concern to anyone on here but that equates to a shopkeeper in the high street closing their shop when they get x1 shoplifter   Smiley Wink  We all get pain in the butt buyers from time to time, I tend to think that as buyers like paying with paypal then I get more bids / sales with offering it and that more than offsets the odd bad buyer, but your call of course thats just my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.