Buyer bought item, paid, opened a disputed and closed it immediately. Am I protected ?

pompom_girl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I sold 4-5 items (e-tickets) to the same Ebayer and the scheme is always the same. This person is new on Ebay. Buyer bought item 1, paid and Paypal put a hold to verify transaction. After a day, Paypal released the money and said dispute closed, verification ok, got the money. Buyer bought item 2, paid, immediately opened a dispute for item not received, then closed it immediately. I'm under seller protection each time. I Got my money. Then this goes on for 3 more times. Can I be scammed and can it be fraud ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi pompom_girl

If this buyer opens disputes everytime they buy and pay why do u still sell to them?

They obviously want the item for free!!

Why dont u block them on your block bidders list and report them to ebay?

Login to Me Too

pompom_girl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

What I meant was this :

I sell a pair of tickets on Ebay; buyer paid, I got the money, buyer opened a dispute a minute after he paid, money is held by Paypal, buyer closed the dispute immediately, Paypal released the funds to me, I emailed the tickets. End of story.

He does this 4-5 times, each time for a different pair of tickets.

Am I still under seller guarantee ?

What would be the reason a buyer opened a dispute each time he pays ?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I know what u mean and like I said the buyer opens a dispute hoping ppal will refund him and he gets the tickets for free!!

Opening the disputes doesnt look good on your record altho u have done nothing wrong.

Sounds like a right idiot , could be a deliberate sabotage?

Why would u want to sell to someone who keeps doing this to u why not block them from bidding/buying?

If ppal say its ok to ship and u ship to the provided address they give u then u will have sellers protection

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pompom_girl

No you WILL NOT have seller protection.

You stated this >>>>>

, I emailed the ticket

There is NO SELLER PROTECTION for digital / virtual items.

If he does a chargeback then you will lose.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.