API / Sandbox Problems

Chris77
Contributor
Contributor

Is the PayPal Developer API / Sandbox offline or under maintenace? 

I'm unable to successfully create a Sandbox account at developer.paypal.com. When I do, I get the error message, "We experienced some issues on our end while creating this Sandbox account. Please delete it and try again." when viewing the profile. 

When I try to delete the account, I get, "We're sorry, something went wrong during account deletion. Some of the test account(s) you had selected may not have deleted. Please try again

As a result of this, I'm unable to Create an App under Dashboard: My apps as there are no Sandbox developer accounts to choose from.

Any help is apprecited.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

donna-watwebdev
New Community Member

I get the same for existing sandbox accounts and newly created ones.

I also saw an error when I registered for an account with this forum where the coding seemed to be bleeding over.

I wonder if this is just an issue with their system that will be fixed as I assume it can not be an issue with all of our accounts.

Login to Me Too

areuser
New Community Member

I have been receiving the same errors too for the last two days. Any feedback from payapl would be welcomed!

Login to Me Too

pixel375
Contributor
Contributor

I need my Client ID and Secret key to take payments on my website, and aperantly for that I need to set up that stupid REST API App, but the dropdownbox in "Sandbox developer account" is empty, and I go and create a new sandbox account, tp my surprise I get the famous unsolvable error message "We experienced some issues on our end while creating this Sandbox account. Please delete it and try again.", so being a IT/Network Admin/Computer Tech, and knowing that it might be a browser issue, I tried using two more browsers, and another computer on a different network with the exact same issues.

Eventually I gave up trying and called into PayPal, they tried to guide me through those exact same steps, with the exact same error messages.
The lady on the support line straight out told me that she has no idea why it happens and that they don't have a solution for me and that technical support won't be able to help me with that issue either.

I think it's time for me to close my account and do business with Stripe instead.

**bleep** you PayPal.

Login to Me Too

pixel375
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone with this issue should call their support line. Maybe then they will realize that it's on their end and start to finally do something about it.

Login to Me Too

Keradan
New Community Member

Hope I can help.

When i creating sandbox account contry by default is US. I selected Germany, 50 EUR balance, bank verified account - YES and none credit card.

After success message i look at account profile - no errors.

Then this account appearing in dropdown list and i get the ability to create REST API app.

Login to Me Too

Akphotos
New Community Member

June 2017 and the problem is still persisting.  I am unable to create accounts they come up initially as pending and then with the next access of the accounts page they show as error.

highly frustrating.  Going to google stripe as an alternative. Someone mentioned it above, thanks for that tip.

Login to Me Too

robertojf2012
New Community Member
Im also experiencing the same problem, I can't create a sandbox account, when I fill the info, it says successful and then it shows the account but with an error status... Please help!! I do not what to do, I'm stuck because I need to create an API app.
Login to Me Too

maplerock

+1 for this issue. Really frustrating! Anyone found a solution yet?

Login to Me Too

arranc
New Community Member

+1 for this issue.

Accounts created with error (new or duplicated ones) and not able do delete accounts (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/?event=deleteFailure).

Anyone found a solution for this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.