unauthorized attempt to add funds to my account from my bank

Djhawaii
Contributor
Contributor

someone hacked my acct. and is now trying to add funds from my bank acct. How can I stop this before the transaction happens? "After hours" BS means no one to talk to. Help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

I hope you were able to get this issue resolved. 

You do have the option to set up a security key in your PayPal account under security settings. This will require a pin be sent to your phone every time you log into your account in addition to your password. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Djhawaii,

Oh no! I truly hope that this has since been resolved. The PayPal Community Forums is a member to member platform, so any emergency like this needs to be called in or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter

If you haven't already done so, please report unauthorized activity to our teams by following the steps listed here: http://bit.ly/2fSPhY6. I would also recommend changing your account's password and security questions at your earliest convenience by following the steps listed here: http://bit.ly/2fDpUXe.

I hope this information helps, and thank you. 

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Djhawaii
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Michelle wrote:

Hi @Djhawaii,

Oh no! I truly hope that this has since been resolved. The PayPal Community Forums is a member to member platform, so any emergency like this needs to be called in or reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter

If you haven't already done so, please report unauthorized activity to our teams by following the steps listed here: I would also recommend changing your account's password and security questions at your earliest convenience by following the steps listed here:

I hope this information helps, and thank you. 

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Michelle,

Unfortunately PayPal was NO HELP  in this situation and on top of it all, it took up nearly 2 and half hours of my time to find out that PayPal would do nothing. They said there was nothing they could do other than investigate what I told them, and brilliantly come to the conclusion that it was indeed an unauthorized transaction. Had the transaction gone through (my bank put a stop payment on it) I would then have to transfer the money back to my bank and have to wait yet another week or two before it got there. I've come to the conclusion that my bank has better privacy protection AND resolution advantages than PayPal ever has and will now discontinue my use of PayPal services. The simple fact that it took me over an hour on hold to talk to someone TWICE shows me that PayPal has NO INTENTION of being there for its customers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.