tradera.com scam

mbriggs99
New Community Member

Has anyone received emails about becoming a Tradera.com representative in the us from a someone in Poland claiming they need represenrtaives in the us to receieve the money in their paypal acount because paypal has a 350/month limit on transactions. Gotta be a Scam.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Deirdre3681
Contributor
Contributor

Nope! I completed 4 days' worth of edits and then was told they were putting the editor position on hold for the time being. I was asked to become a representative but was assured I would be complensated for the work I had already completed. When I told them I was not interested in becoming a rep (at this point, I was pretty sure the whole thing was a scam), I never heard from them again. I feel bad for those who got involved in the money exchange part of the scam. I only lost about an hour and a half of my time, completing edits.

Login to Me Too

chattypatty
New Community Member

No.  It is a total scam.  They have owed me $250 since April for proof reading and it has never show up in my PayPal account as of yet.

@msjoeyblacm wrote:
For those being a proof reader / editor have you gotten paid?

Login to Me Too

RoyceCarlone
Contributor
Contributor

@msjoeyblacm wrote:
For those being a proof reader / editor have you gotten paid?

you will never get paid for doing the editing, it's too insignificant for them to waste a stolen cc transaction on so they will just postpone until they can try and get you to do a transaction as a Representative for a large amount $$, claiming to add your "editing pay" into it, which they seemingly do, until you get the funds reversed from your account by paypal.

Login to Me Too

captjb04
New Community Member

They got me for a few days as well. Now that I see your posts I realize that it is definitely a scam. Thanks for your posts everyone.

Login to Me Too

DevaMcLean
New Community Member
I have been correcting correspondence for this company. I felt something was array so I performed research. It just did not sound right. I have the money sitting in my account on its way back to PayPal. I wrote them and told them I was sending the money back. I have not heard anything yet. I am upset. They are going to have **bleep** to pay with me. I am on a mission.
Login to Me Too

RoyceCarlone
Contributor
Contributor

I actually was involved with this scam VERBATIM, in its stages but the Co. was MORELE.NET (and theyre still are running an auction site on-line under that name last I checked); 1-you get hired to edit letters but you will NEVER get paid for this, I even insisted on only working for a few days before I was given a "good faith payment" and the day they were due to pay me was when I was offered the "promotion" because the "editing positions were being put on hold temporarily". (this is when they start to entice you with the possibility of greater income while you re-write their correspondences-fake ones) 2- they offer you the job of being a "Representative" because of the Polish/Poland Paypal restrictions (This I do believe has some truth to it but that's not why they have put this scheme into place). They even actually had me type up their protocol for newly hired "Representatives", who would be earning a flat rate of $3000 plus 5% commission for every transaction they received.  

Then, after a supposed customer purchases something on auction, MORELE.NET (or Tradera.com) makes it seem like they are providing your paypal account to that customer for them to deposit funds for their purchase (because since they are located in the country of Poland they have a daily limit of $350 in Paypal). You are then to keep your commission, and then transfer the remaining amount into the MORELE/Tradera paypal account.

After the "required amount of time", they have their "phony" customer claim they did not get the purchase or were not satisfied with it and because Paypal's policy is to always protect the buyer, they automatically and instantly return the "fake customer's" funds to them, deducting them from YOUR account that you have already transferred the funds to MORELE/Tradera (technically in Paypals eyes, MORELE/Tradera are insignificant and the transaction is between you and the the "buyer" who deposited into your account anyway.)  They will then likely either stall unti lthey can milk you for a few more transactions, telling you to "just keep the funds from the next transaction to cover the inconvenience of the first transaction issues", or they will just stop communicating with you completely.  You won't get full names of anyone real or any addresses that I saw.

HOWEVER, the one loop hole that puts them in jeopardy is when their "Representatives" don't make the transfer out of their account to MORELE/Tradera Paypal account, then their entire training and grooming and developing of you for their profit (likely from stolen CC) is lost and they only get HALF of their scammed funds. The good news is, if you haven't spent any of it, you are not left with a negative balance when Paypayl reverses the $ back out of your account  for the "buyer dispute".  I am not sure you want disputes and charge backs on your paypal history though. If you DO transfer the funds to them, they get DOUBLE WIN WIN, they get the funds that you sent them, and they get the funds from the dispute when it gets reversed, all because of how Paypal refunds $ back to the buyer. If Paypal held the funds before refunding them, they could potentially be saving a LOT of stolen funds from going back into thieves hands, if they would just review the  circumstances quickly first.

These guys, and many many others, are monopolizing on PayPal's blatant refusal to revisit their buyer/seller dispute policy, which is a blanket "Buyer is always right, and will always get their $ money back"  without even giving you a chance, and these guys have just found a way to make that policy work into their scam.   If Paypal changes the policy to stop "auto refunding ALL buyers", I think it would shut these guys down completely.

Otherwise they have a well oiled, well managed, and with endless recruits to jump in as "representatives", scam that will continue to enable them to take stolen funds, to steal your funds and to hurt and financially corrupt and bankrupt unknowing, good guys just looking for a second income.  I'm not bashing Paypal, but without their dispute policy this scam would not exist and could of never worked. 

Login to Me Too

RoyceCarlone
Contributor
Contributor

Almost exactly one year later... they are back under the name MORELE.NET, everything else as written below is precisely the same as it was when they were Tradera.

Login to Me Too

Adawilda
New Community Member

The same happen to me  this time the company is called eMag.pl or eMag.ru the exact ruse, even they use yandex.com as email provider and the person who sends me emails use gmail...  and here I was, happy with my proofreading job, simple and in pajamas.

Login to Me Too

JFinTN73
New Community Member

I have been involved with this same scam.  They are claiming to be from a foreign auction company called eMAG now.

This is the exact scam they attempted on me.  I became their "representative, they sent a payment of $7k, to my account and wanted me to withdraw it and send cash through UPS to a vacant house for sale on Zillow.  I contacted the buyer personally before I did anything and communicated with him until we both knew he wasn't getting the product he bought.  Luckily, I kept the money so I was able to refund him.  They even had a UPS tracker that stated the package was delivered, very clever.  Except they added UPS fraud to their list of charges.

Unfortunately for them, I have a lot of friends that can make their life **bleep**. 

Which is about to come reality for them.

Login to Me Too

I'm glad I discovered this forum.  I too edited a few letters for them and of course was never paid and luckily stopped there.  They are also using the name "Mall.cz or MALL SUPPORT" and their website appears to be the equivalent of Ebay out of the Czech Republic.  BEWARE!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.