suspisious email from PayPal

ahmadkavousian
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ad to sell some ohotography items, somebody contacted me and agreed to purchase the items and send me the money via Paypal and asked me to send the merchandise to south africa to her employee.

tonight I received a confirmation email from Paypal confirming the payment with a note to seller that the merchandise should be send by FEDEX (3 Days EXPRESS MAIL) to the address mentioned in SHIPPING INFORMATION area.

I've checked my PayPal account and relized there is no money added to my account.

I received a second email from PayPal as following:

We are contacting you regarding the business between you and Mrs. ******, the interested buyer of your item, whom has completed the payment and the total sum of €***** EUR has been deducted from her account but will not be credited into your paypal account until you send us the FEDEX receipt as proof after sending the item out to it's destination. Below is the information to send the item to:
NAME: ****
ADDRESS: ****
CITY/STATE: ****
ZIP: 0001
PHONE NUMBER: ****
  I would like to know if there is possible fraud is going on or not and if I can get any confirmation from Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahmadkavousian

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers or politely tell them to F...........err go away.   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.