suspicous email

jleeb
New Community Member

i received an email just now from <removed> stating there was a suspicious transaction on my account and advised me to log into my paypal account to dispute it.  it also stated that paypal has temporary limited my account due to this activity until the issue is resolved. upon logging into my paypal account, i dont see this particular transaction..........safe to assume this email is a scam?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

S0phie
New Community Member

I am experiencing the same thing. I have now received two seperate emails stating that I purchased a Google Gift card through Paypal.

@jleeb wrote:

i received an email just now from <removed> stating there was a suspicious transaction on my account and advised me to log into my paypal account to dispute it.  it also stated that paypal has temporary limited my account due to this activity until the issue is resolved. upon logging into my paypal account, i dont see this particular transaction..........safe to assume this email is a scam?

Login to Me Too

Kimbermist
New Community Member

I had an email from a well known makeup company. I don’t wear makeup. It says I bought 64 dollars worth and to cancel by clicking the PayPal button. I didn’t. I instead logged straight into PayPal. No charge for makeup. It’s a scam email. 

Login to Me Too

odellkat
New Community Member

Forward the email to spoof@paypal.com.  Paypal will investigate and follow up as needed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.