You are viewing the PayPal Community Archives. This content may be old or outdated. Leave the Archive
Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET). Learn more in Community Events
No reply from seller regarding their return shipping refund as stated in web page. Electro warehouse .com owes shipping refunds for two returns but ignores my request. Two usps postal costs total $25.00.
I wasn't talking about the sellers return shipping refund. I was talking about PayPal's Return Shipping On Us program.
Anyways, I see that you're asking about getting a refund from the merchant. The first thing you will need to do is contact the merchant or the website operator - I see you have already tried. If they don't respond to you within the time limit they have given you (this information can be in their FAQ or in their policy), you can:
1. Go to PayPal's website to log in.
2. Within 180 days of the transaction date, go to paypal.com/disputes/. An alternative is to go to the bottom of page, from your dashboard, and click on "Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center." It will be the link that's in the "More about your account" on the left side and above the link "See how much you can send with PayPal."
3. Click the “Dispute a Transaction” or "Report a Problem."
4. Select the transaction or item you would like to dispute.
5. Click "Continue" towards the bottom of the page on the right side.
Be aware that disputes must be opened within 180 days of your payment date, and that you and the seller will have 20 days to work things out after the dispute has been opened.
Now, I haven't had the need to escalate a claim before, so, I won't be able to give you a more in-depth information on how to do the next steps. If you and the seller are not able to make an agreement or there's no communication, you may escalate the claim by:
1. Logging in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on your existing case in the Resolution Center.
3. Select “File a Claim.”
The case will be reviewed by PayPal and they will try to contact you the final decision within 30 days. Keep in mind that PayPal's Purchase Protection does not cover buyer's remorse. Meaning, it only covers items that are significantly different than how it was described, including receiving an empty box when the box should have had an item in it, receiving a completely different item (example, receiving a DVD when you bought a jump rope), the item has missing parts that were not disclosed in the description, receiving the wrong amount of items (example, you received 2 jump ropes when you bought 3), receiving a counterfeit, receiving an item that was damaged during transit, etc. PayPal's Purchase Protection only covers physical products, except for currencies, and purchases sent as goods and services. Meaning, that non-physical products, currencies, and purchases sent as "Send to friends and family," "Make a mass payment," and through PayPal.me are not covered by PayPal's Purchase Protection.
FREE RETURN SHIPPING can be done using PayPal's Return Shipping On Us program. You will need to activate this program before you attempt to request a return shipping refund at PayPal.com/Returns. You will only be able to submit 12 return shipping refunds each calendar year and up to $30 per refund. After you activate this program and you have returned the item to the seller, you will need information according to the following:
Once you have the information you need, you can then request a return shipping refund within 30 days of the return shipping date. You can follow the instructions on how to do that at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns/refund.
If you're not able to view the page, you can do the following:
1. Go to PayPal.com/Login and log into your account.
2. Go to your account "Activity" and select "Request a return shipping refund" in the transaction details.
3. Select “Request a return shipping refund”, located in your purchase details, to request a return shipping refund.
4. In the next page, you will be asked information about the return. This is where you will need to upload the documents I have previously mentioned above.
5. When you are done, click on "Submit" and you will be notified of your acceptance or rejection of your refund on your return shipping 5 business days from the receipt of your complete file. If you're refund is accepted, your refund will be issued to Your PayPal account 5 business days from notice of the approval of your refund request.
Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!