seller tells me they cant ship right away because money in acct gets put on hold

capbill
New Community Member

below is an email I received

I just want to let you know at times paypal would put a 21 day hold on my end but realistically it is only 10 days so I will be shipping out on the 10th day. Want to make you aware of this before you do make payment. I have done this a several times already and never had any issues. My husband also has two surgeries this week so regardless if you pay today it will be out on the 10th day. You are covered with paypal for 45 days.. Please let me know your paypal email address so I can send you an invoice.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is true that PayPal does have transactions on hold for 21 days or less and I can verify that you are covered under PayPal's Purchase Protection if you pay through a PayPal Invoice. The Purchase Protection program is also covered for purchases sent as Goods or Services. However, any other type of payments, such as PayPal.me and payments sent as Friends and Family, aren't covered.

As for how long you are covered varies by country and by item that's to be purchased. You can find the information by logging into your PayPal account -> towards the bottom, click on a link that says "Legal" -> click on "Select Your Location" to select your location -> click on "PayPal User Agreement" -> if you can, press Ctrl+F to search for "Purchase Protection" or you can manually search for it. Good luck!

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.