seller did not send confirmation after receiving payment

Natau
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a product in an online website

paid by paypal and was told will send confirmation email..

did not receive i gave the seller 1 week to fix

received no response

contact paypal and was told have to wait another 2 weeks 

but i need this product ... do i buy it somewhere else and hope to get money back..?

any help appreciated

Nat

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to provide information about the vendor, the product, how you paid, and when you paid.

Of course origin and destination are important.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you find out where they are located and how long does it take to get them to ship and arrival date?

if Paypal said wait 2 weeks,they could be overseas,

you are supposed to know these facts before placing an order. 

Login to Me Too

Natau
Contributor
Contributor

I think you are missing my issue here

I never received a confirmation email stating payment received

yet i still was charged for item

they have not responded to an email i sent over a week ago

they are in china and i am in australia

i understand feight delivery times it is the lack of contact with concerns me

Nat

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think you are missing the issue.  If you want help you will need to provide informatin about the vendor to see if someone knows anything about the phantom vendor.

What do you really know about the vendor? Do you have an experience with this vendor so you would expect a response?

The issue is between you and the vendor for now and only the vendor can provide the inforrmation you want.  You should have a phone number for the vendor and an address.

If you don't receive the item, you'll need to file a dispute for item not received.

Login to Me Too

Natau
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou for clearing up what you meant

unfortunately this is my first time in a forum such as this and clearly not yours.

vendor name is ok laptop battery

i have had no experience with this vendor as first time i needed one of his products (laptop battery)

it has the paypal verified logo on website

i have sent an email and used the 'contact us' enquiry system

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The PayPal verified doesn't imply PayPal trusted; it only means that it is a verified account like a regular user.  Just because a vendor displays a logo doesn't mean the vendor is honest and trustworthy.

Personally, I think buying a laptop battery internationally is very risky.  Unless you know that the seller is well-respected in the industry, the product could be inferior.  There are international shipping regulations for batteries.  When a price seems too good to be true, it just might be correct.

Suppose you do get a battery that isn't what you expect and you win a not as described case, then you will need to shop the batter back with tracking and now YOU will need to comply with international regulations for shipping batteries.  In all likelihood, the cost of return would be too great and you would be stuck with non-working product.

It is important to understand the buyer protection policies of PayPal and the buyer costs involved.  International sellers understand that the risk is with the buyer.

All you can realistically do now is wait and then file a dispute for non-receipt.  Without tracking, you should automatticaly win.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

does he have his website or sell on some venue like Ebay or Amazon?

Sellers sometimes do not respond to emails,either their ISP is not reliable or they get too many and they skip or ignore some,or they dont want to respond as they are still trying to get your battery?  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is a website and they sell batteries.

but if you look  further,they never tell you where they are located,but in Q & A,

• .Can I come to your locations to pick up an item?
  • Unfortunately, we are not currently configured for individuals to come to our locations to pick up their orders. We are merely an office for processing the paperwork for these transactions.

• 2.What will I be charged for shipping?
  • Shipping and handling charges vary greatly depending upon the value of the materials and craftsmanship of the piece and its final shipment destination. The shipping and handling rates are clearly posted in each item’s description and are non-negotiable. Please consider this when placing your order.

• 3.Who will deliver my orders?
  • Items will be shipped by USPS, Royal Mail, Deutsche Post and
  • Hongkong Post Air-Mail. We may use other carriers as necessa
  • -----------------------------------------------

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is American English so I would assume they are based in USA,they ship from Hong Kong.

What does that tell you,it means they are getting their batteries in China,and brought it over to HK to be shipped.

China is a big country,depends on where the vendor is,it could take days to arrive in HK,if they have that battery !   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.