seller delays order

donjorge69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi to all. I 've placed an order on October and when it arrived, it contained half of the items that i've ordered. The seller apologised and promised to send the restat the end of October. Till now nothing has been sent and the seller won't  respond to my messages. Needless to say, I've paid him through PayPal from the moment I've placed the order. Is there any chance to claim a refund or force him to comply? Thanx.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have 180 days from date of purchase to file item not as described-missing quantity with Paypal,you will be asked to return the items at your expense if you win

or file chargeback with your cc issuer and tell them seller did not respond,you may get to keep the item and your money and seller socked with $20 fee

Login to Me Too

donjorge69
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your kind response. Today I 've warned the seller that if he won't comply in 48 hours I will file a complaint at PayPal. In my case there is no item, it's not a case of a broken/faulty/not as described item. Simply he hasn't provided the merchandise I've paid for and won't respond at my messages. When these 48hours expire shouldn't I file a complaint against him at Pay Pal? Thank you for your advice.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's been over a month, why would you wait another 48 hours?

Why not take charge of the situation and file a dispute NOW?

Login to Me Too

donjorge69
Contributor
Contributor

Just because i want to be correct with myself. One day won't change anything. Besides, I wanted to use another e-mail, in case my initial mail was lost or something like that. In any case, giving him a day changes nothing.

Login to Me Too

donjorge69
Contributor
Contributor

Finaly, the seller responded to my e-mail offering apologizes, a refund and a promise to send the missing items. Although in my account I see the refund, it's not shown yet on my card, but this happens. Let's hope the matter's settled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.