scammer

igme11
Contributor
Contributor

Recently someone try to scam me through ebay. First he made an offer on the item i’m selling, without knowing i accepted the offer and wait for the payment before i ship the item. I guess my phone number is connected to my ebay account so the scammer message me personally through my phone number. His number is different from the number shown in ebay. He ask the condition of the item. After he is satisfied with the item, he told me that he will sent it as a gift and will send to a different address than the one he have on his fake ebay account. He told me he want to pay directly to me from paypal and ask for my paypal email. I gave it to him then he told me i should receive a confirmation in my email that he already paid the item and  in order to get the money i should send the tracking number. I look into my paypal account i didnt see any pending money going into my account which so suspicious. The confimation email i received look legit with paypal letterhead and everything. Then i notice the date is wrong, links in the email is broken, transaction id don’t direct me to the paypal transaction page and the sender is not paypal.com. Good thing i caught it. So beware of this scammer, he uses this ebay account:
Annie <removed>
<removed>
Des Plaines, IL 60016
United States

Use this fake paypal email: 
<removed>

Use this number: ‭<removed>

And use this shipping address:
Name :   George <removed>
<removed>
City:       Moores Hill, 
State:      Indiana
Zip code: 47032

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.