robbery - is it possible to find the name of a paypal account from the card number?

LeticiaChibi
Contributor
Contributor

Someone stole my mom's debit card and created a paypal account and spent >600€.

Does anyone knows if it is possible to know the account name using only the card's number/info?

Thank you so much for your help it is really really important for us to find out who stole the money!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why dont you ask the bank which issued the card?

if 600 GBP has left her account,bank knows where it is coming from and dispute the charge.

In order to link the card to a Paypal account,it has to be confirmed,

like name and address.

We are not familiar with UK customs,there is a similar site for UK Paypal members,go ask there.

It could be someone who knows her.

Login to Me Too

LeticiaChibi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your fast response!

I'm from Portugal.. The only thing that the bank gave my mother was the list where the money was spent.

One of the websites was paypal. and I think it's the one that can help me find the name/adress/number of the person who stole the card. My guess is that it is someone that knows her!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for providing that info, Whac-A-Mole!

LeticiaChibi - I'm sorry to hear your mom's card was stolen, that's definitely a concern! The best option would be to contact the bank and ensure the card is replaced so there aren't any additional charges. If you need further information regarding the charges through PayPal, you can contact us and we'll provide any information we can. I hope this helps! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

LeticiaChibi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

thank you for your help!

We already went to the bank to cancel the card and went to the police.

But we still need help to prove who stole and spent the money.

Is there any way you can provide us a name or adress so we can press charges and the money can be recovered?

Thank you so so much!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

take a look at the statement,where it shows the Paypal transaction,there should be Paypal followed by the ID of the person who received the money,if it is used to buy something,then this would be the seller ID.

take that seller id and search on Ebay (UK or USA ) AND see if there is such a seller,and see what he has sold,he maybe willing to give you name and address of the buyer.

Login to Me Too

LeticiaChibi
Contributor
Contributor

In the paper the bank gave us says the name of the website - NuclearBlast - I've sent them an email but they never answered.. 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.